Sunday, September 2, 2012

Favorite Products of Summer-Part 1


So I am back! I realize it's been over a year, but I really wanted to get back into blogging! I have so many great products to talk about! I figured I would post my favorite products of the summer, since the summer is coming to an end. So sad,  I know! However, I love the fall just as much as I love the summer months! I love wearing boots, leggings, sweaters, dark nail polish colors, warmer scented candles, leaving falls off the trees and the pretty colors! Now that I've ranted all about fall...here are my favorite products of the summer.





From Left: Click the links to view products.


Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Blonde-I bought this in the beginning of the summer with one of the MAC collections that had come out. I love it because you can use it as a highlight or use the darker pink as a blush. It's a very versatile product! Try your MAC counter and see if they still have this in stock! Love it!

ELF Studio Brush ($3)-Target- Amazing Brush and for only $3 it has amazing quality! I love using this to apply setting powder and it also works great for applying mineralize powders. 

Tweezerman Tweezers-I've been using these tweezers for a while now, and they are seriously amazing! They work so well, and are still sharp considering I've had them for about a year. Definitely worth the money spent!

Eyeko-Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Pen-  - I received this product in my BirchBox for July. Love this product! It has amazing staying power and doesn't budge. I have year round allergies and my eyes tend to water from time to time, but this product stays put all day! Great for applying a thin line on the top lash line.

Urban Decay Eyeliner in Ransom- I got this eyeliner in a set at Christmas time, but I've been using it a lot recently. It's a dark purple and is great for adding a pop of color on the bottom lash line. Great staying power!

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette- I got this a few months back and have been using it most every day. It has great neutral colors, but you can also create great smoky looks as well. Favorite colors: Half Baked, Snake Bite, Y2K.

EOS Lipbalm- I just got this yesterday and love it! Great lip balm and keeps your lips really moisturized. Plus, it smells amazing too! This one pictured is in honeysuckle.

Seche Vite-Fast Drying Top Coat.-I recently repurchased this topcoat because I went through my other bottle. This topcoat makes your nails dry in about one minute which is great when you don't want to wait forever for your nails to dry!~It's about 6.99 depending on where you purchase it. I got mine at Bed Bath & Beyond, and you can use their 20% coupons to save money as well. 

Essie Nail Polishes in Raise Awareness & Lilacism- Great bright colors for summer or year round. I've used about half the bottle of each polish!

Juicy Couture rollerball in Viva La Juicy-Love this perfume! It's such a great scent. I can't really describe perfume scents but it reminds me of flowers and summertime. I really want to buy the full sized bottle!

Harvey Prince Perfume in Hello- I got a sample of this perfume in my BirchBox, and have loved it ever since. I've been using it everyday since I received it!

Philosophy-Miracle Worker-Miraculous Anti-aging Eye Cream-
I bought this eye cream about a year ago, and recently ran out of it! I got it when Sephora had their 20% friends and family sale, so now I'm trying to wait it out until I get another friends & family coupon since it is so pricey. But, this really works well and I think it's helped reduce under eye wrinkles and circles.

Chi Silk Infusion-I've purchased this product on and off for years, alternating between this, Biosilk and most recently Morrocan Oil. I ran out of Morrocan Oil so I went back to using Chi Silk Infusion, and seriously I'm finding no difference between the two. The Silk Infusion works great for smoothing down any frizziness in my hair after flat ironing and makes my hair look shiny.

Chi Iron Guard-I've been using this product for years before using heat on my hair. It works well, but I feel like you can find a cheaper alternative at the drugstore. I'd really like to try the Tressume heat tamer spray when I run out of this!

Chi Shine Infusion Spray-This is probably my hands down favorite product ever! It's a heat protector that also adds shine to the hair when flat ironing. It reminds me of a lighter version of Morrocan Oil, but in a spray.  I've purchased this countless times, and never flat iron my hair without it!

Bad Gal Lash Mascara by Benefit  I've been using this mascara for about a year, and I still love it. It works great to length my lashes and create volume. It doesn't flake off or transfer on me at all during the day which is great. I think there are probably similar drugstore products out there, if you want a cheaper alternative.

That's about it for my summer products! Please share some of your favorites in the comments! 





Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

You have some great faves!! We love most anything UD! And MAC MSF's are some of my loves! :-)

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Makeup Fashion Love said...

Thanks for visiting my page!
:)

JanandJill.com said...

Ooh, I love this and I really need to try Urban Decay, the quality looks really good and that Chi hairspray is one of my favorite beauty products. Glad you're getting back into blogging!

xoDale
www.savvyspice.com

Makeup Fashion Love said...

Thanks!~Yea, I've been loving Urban Decay's shadows lately! Love the Chi Spray...been repurchasing for years!